Succulent plants are quite the popular choice. Hearty, colorful and interesting, these plants have made their way into gardens and homes of all types. They have also made their way into the wedding scene - and for good reason. Succulents are not only gorgeous, they can be used in a variety of ways at nearly any wedding you can imagine. Brides and grooms like them as reception table centerpieces, brides love them in bouquets, they make a beautiful addition to wedding cakes and cupcakes...the list goes on and on. Here are some of the many ways you can incorporate succulents into your wedding.
Wedding Succulent Centerpieces
If you are planning to use succulent centerpieces at your wedding, congratulations! You have made an excellent choice. These centerpieces will not only look great, they require little maintenance and will hold up for weeks to come. And they are easy to assemble. Whether you want one large centerpiece at each table, or a small individual succulent at each place, succulents are the perfect choice. You can opt to do as much or as little as you want to do, depending on your time, space and wedding type. If you are going with an individual succulent at each place at the table, you can choose the same succulent for each guest, or find a unique succulent that suits each person. That’s the beauty of succulents - there are so many different varieties to choose from. As for centerpieces, you can assemble tall ones, short ones, colorful ones, unique ones - truly anything you wish to create. Succulents are not only beautiful and classy, they are versatile. Create the pieces that best suit your needs.
Wedding Succulent Decor
If you thought you had plenty of room for selection and creativity when it comes to wedding succulent centerpieces, get ready...there are even more creative ways to use succulents throughout the wedding decor. That’s one of the most wonderful things about succulents, particularly at weddings - there is so much room for creativity. There really is no wrong way to use a succulent for wedding decor. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Create a bridal bouquet. And for that matter, make some for the bridesmaids too. Assemble your favorite succulents together for a beautiful, colorful, and unique bouquet that provides the perfect floral piece to the wedding. Smaller bouquets can be created for the bridesmaids with accent colors and pieces from the bridal bouquet. Create matching boutonnieres for the guys and you’ll have a perfectly coordinated wedding party...as far as the plant life goes.
- Try succulents as hair pieces. Make a floral, succulent bridal crown or headpiece, or add succulents to updos. No matter how you use them, they are sure to make a delightful addition to the overall look of the wedding party.
- Add some color and fun to the tables and chairs. We’ve already covered how wedding centerpieces can make for beautiful tables, but why not create some wreaths or different pieces to attach to the chairs? Or perhaps create some baskets or containers of succulents to be placed around the room at the reception or at the wedding itself. No matter where you place the succulents, they will add the perfect touch to your wedding.
- Put them on the cake. No, really. Succulents make a stunning addition to the wedding cake and/or cupcakes. Add them to the top, or have them cascading down the side of the cake. Choose bright colors and unique succulents, or just a few accent plants for here and there. You won’t go wrong when it comes to succulents.
- Create decorative wedding favors. Want a unique and beautiful way to thank your guests for their attendance? Give them individual succulent favors. Put them in small jars, baskets, cans - anything that fits your theme - add your names and wedding date and perhaps a small ribbon or trinket and you’ve got some amazing parting gifts to send your guests away with.
The use of succulents as wedding centerpieces and decor is endless. Get started with some of the excellent succulents we have to offer at Succulent Depot. Pick the plants that are right for you and let the succulents from Succulent Depot help make your wedding amazing.
You can also use succulents as a wedding bouquet.